History of Ludgvan
Previous to 1947 the club was known as Crowlas.
Ludgvan joined the West Penwith League in season of 1947/48 and continued until 1954/55, the club dropped out for one season and then resumed for one further season in 1956/57. During this period they won the League on two occasions 1951/52 and 1953/54; won the Hannaford Cup 1951/52, finalists in 1947/48 and 1953/54 winning the Runners - Up cup.
The club reformed in 1960, which saw the club have a golden spell from 1960 to 1973 when the club won the League on 8 occasions; The Hannaford Cup 7 times: Penzance & District Charity Cup Winners 69/70; Hospital Cup winners 4 times. They also found the time to compete in the Mining Division winning the Oxland Bowl in 69/70 and 70/71 (Oxland Bowl was a trophy played on a knock-out basis between the winners and runners-up of the Dunn Cup groups.
During the seasons of 1969/70 and 1970/71 were the most successful years winning the League and Hannaford Cup twice, The Charity Cup, The Hospital Cup and The Oxland Bowl twice, also finalist in the Charity Cup.
Not to be out done the reserves also won some competitions during 1960 and 1979; The Amor Shield 1961/62; Marazion Cup 61/62; The Whitford Cup 68/69; and The Nicholas Cup 77/78.
After many successful years in junior competitions the club decided to apply for senior status and in June of 1980 they achieved this by being accepted into the Cornwall Combination League. The clubs' first game saw them going down 5 - 3 to away to Porthleven, although they did hold the League Champions Marazion at home 0 - 0.
The first season was a struggle but the following year saw ex-Coventry City professional George Anderson take over and he spent 5 years at the club, which had it most successful season finishing 6th in the League 81/82, however, 82/83 season saw Ludgvan win the Cornwall Combination League Cup and the Evely Cup. Further success followed in 1985 when the team reached the semi-final of the Cornwall Senior Cup, narrowly losing to 2 -1 to SWL side Newquay.